Eight in One
Your dog has a variety of different needs. In addition to ensuring his devotion, trust and safety, you want to provide him with everything that he needs for his wellbeing. No matter whether you are at home, in the car, in town or in public parks and places, you frequently have to ensure that your dog‘s requirements are in line with your own and with other people‘s. Our objective is to help you achieve this.
8in1 offers you high-quality products that are specifically tailored to your dog‘s needs and have been developed both from the animal‘s perspective and according to his nature.
With its vast product range that includes patented chew bones with tasty chicken meat, care products such as shampoos and sprays and dietary supplements, 8in1 can help you care for your dog and provide him with everything that he needs for his general wellbeing.
8in1 - Love your pet, respect its nature.
From bird food to a full product range.
The history of 8in1 takes us back to the late 19th century, when Mr Harold was still selling oats and hay for cab and dray horses at his livery barn on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. One day, Mr Harold noticed that more and more people were keeping canaries as pets. Before long, the small, yellow songbird had become the number one pet of choice in New York City and, eventually, across the whole country. An increasing number of people, anxious to care for their little tweety pies, began calling for specially prepared bird seed. Mr Harold was inundated with requests. He decided that he would find a way to respond to the needs of the birds and their owners. He took eight different types of grain and blended them to make the first nutritionally complete canary food, calling it “8in1 Song Food”. A new brand was launched.
Over the following decade, the company first of all developed a full range of products for birds which was later extended to other pets. The fledgling company quickly grew to become the first extended pet products company in the United States. Its objective was to offer high-quality, innovative products for animals that served to promote their wellbeing, respect their nature and ensure their appropriate care. For many years now, the company‘s own product research and development centre located in Islandia, New York, has been ensuring that this objective is met as well as carrying out quality control procedures on all its products, whilst always keeping the animal‘s best interests at heart.
Eightfold expertise for your peace of mind.
Today, 8in1 represents more than just the eight types of grain used in the original bird seed recipe, it has become a trusted, premium brand that fulfils the needs of both pets and their parents worldwide.
The 8 core values that are represented in our brand are dedicated to the wellbeing of the animal. Everything we do is invested in these 8 values and they are reflected in every single one of our products.
8in1 Core Values
- Listening and understanding - Animals are at the heart of our actions. By observing, researching and living together with animals, we have acquired detailed knowledge and a thorough understanding of the animals and their individual needs. We constantly strive to increase and improve the level of our knowledge and understanding.
- Research and development - We continually invest in research and development in order to develop new solutions and products that promote appropriate animal care and treatment and are designed to meet the needs of both pets and owners.
- Expertise and knowledge - We believe that expertise can be constantly improved by acquiring additional knowledge and by regularly questioning the status quo.
- Quality and appropriate solutions - Our aim is not only to develop new products but also to deliver high-quality and tailored solutions that enable improved and appropriate animal care and treatment, whilst meeting our strict quality criteria.
- Convenience - Our products always meet every criterion for convenience in order to make it easier for our customers to provide appropriate animal care and treatment and, as a result, to enable them to have more time to spend with their pet.
- Respect - We respect animals‘ nature and allow their needs to influence the development of our products and to inform everything that we do.
- Confidence - Our aim is to provide support to pet owners and instil in them the confidence that, by using 8in1 products, they are acting in their pet‘s best interest.
- Care - Our philosophy, our knowledge and our actions are all geared towards helping our customers provide their pets with the best possible care.
8in1 Delivers Top Quality
The best raw ingredients and most stringent checks during production.
8in1 products meet the highest quality standards. All feed recipes are developed by skilled veterinarians, biologists and other experts in Germany and the US, fully taking into account the special needs of the animals and the latest research findings. Products are either manufactured in Germany, the US or China, depending on the item, whereby 8in1 is always subject to German or European legislation. As such, we are bound by strict animal feed laws, such as the German Food and Feed Code (LFGB) and EU Feed Regulation no. 178/2002, etc. The Lower Saxony State Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety (LAVES) regularly checks compliance with the above legislation. Furthermore, imports from a non-EU Member State are possible only if the country in question has been duly approved by the European authorities and has a well-functioning veterinary surveillance system. All feed law provisions are valid and applied in such cases.
To ensure optimum monitoring of our production process and guarantee the quality of our products, we carry out strict, frequent checks of our raw ingredients and finished goods, select our suppliers carefully and conduct annual supplier reviews.
Our Production Sites
In addition to our production site in the Lower Saxon town of Melle, 8in1 has also worked with other suppliers in Germany and abroad for many years. These suppliers are certified in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001 and operate in line with the hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) system. Both systems represent the highest standard of quality assurance and are applied in the food industry in Europe. As a result, the production process is subject to strict requirements. For example, the following applies to the production of our chewy bones:
- The production area can only be accessed via hygiene sluices.
- Any staff who come into contact with raw ingredients must undergo health checks.
- Protective clothing, face masks and gloves must be worn.
- To facilitate the cleaning and disinfecting of the work areas, the floors and walls of the production site are tiled and metal tables are used.
- Metal detectors check the goods for potential contamination at various stages of production.
- All intermediate products undergo strict checks, e.g. microbiological tests, from the delivery of the raw ingredients used to the finished chewy product.
- Furthermore, all animal material is monitored by local veterinary authorities and is accompanied by clearly assigned health certificates.
The finished products are also tested in their country of origin for substances including water, protein and fat content and for any contamination. The results are sent to our Quality Assurance department in our German head office. The goods may only be shipped once the relevant approval has been granted. After the goods have arrived in Germany, samples are taken from each production unit once again and subjected to microbiological testing.
Although all of our suppliers are already ISO- and HACCP-certified, members of our Quality Assurance, R&D and Procurement departments as well as a third-country representative visit potential suppliers to audit them personally on site. They only become our suppliers if the audit is successful. In addition, they have to re-qualify regularly in order to extend the cooperation agreement.
All of the aforementioned measures ensure that our 8in1 products are safe, perfectly hygienic and of consistently high quality. 8in1 feels committed to the highest quality – for the benefit of people and animals.
If, despite all of these quality processes, a product fails to meet our quality standards please let us know. Our experts will deal with your complaint immediately and take appropriate measures, as required.
From time to time, consumers ask just how suitable dried rawhide really is as a snack for dogs. Rawhide is made from dried hide that soon softens when your dog mechanically chews on it and drenches it in saliva, resulting in no sharp edges. If a dog is given a chewy bone that is suitable for his size, he has to work hard to bite off small pieces. As a result, the risk of your dog choking or suffering from digestive problems is much lower than if you offer him a raw bone or a synthetic chew made of nylon. Furthermore, our packaging features important indications on how to consume our products safely, including information on the right bone according to the size of your dog. We also recommend keeping an eye on your dog when he is eating 8in1 Delights and offering him fresh water at all times.
Respect for animals
From animals‘ perspective
Our motto, “We respect animals‘ nature and allow their needs to influence the development of our products and to inform everything that we do”, is enshrined as one of the eight core values of our company policy.
Your dog has a variety of different needs. In addition to ensuring his devotion, trust and safety, you want to provide him with everything that he needs for his wellbeing. No matter whether you are at home, in the car, in town or in public parks and places, you frequently have to ensure that your dog‘s requirements are in line with your own and with other people‘s. Our objective is to help you achieve this by offering high-quality products for dogs that have been developed both from the animal‘s perspective and according to his nature.
In so doing, 8in1 effectively puts itself in your dog‘s paws. In the same way that traffic planning is increasingly designed from children‘s point of view in order to ensure their maximum safety on the streets, 8in1 views the development of its products from the dog‘s perspective. At all times, we seek to keep your four-legged friend‘s best interests at heart. In this way, we believe that we are demonstrating a high degree of respect for animals and are diligently promoting the appropriate care and treatment for dogs.
Visit the 8in1 website for more information: http://www.8in1.eu/ [external link]